If you have any community notes you would like
published please tell us...
Host families in Inishowen wanted for 12 to 17 year old Spanish
students. Host families must have children in this age group. For
further information please call 087 6008446.
Stress Control Course: We all live in stressful times. Understanding
how stress can impact on our lives and what we can do about it is
key to strengthening our resilience and ability to cope. This course
aims to help you manage stress both in the workplace and at home and
will be of benefit to you personally as well as helping you to
Six sessions from 6th March - 10th April 2019 on Wednesday evenings
form 6.30 – 8pm at Serenity House in Moville.
All welcome. Free of charge. Tea, coffee and biscuits provided. No
Presented by Dr Christina Corbett, Senior Clinical Psychologist and
Karen O’Sullivan, Community Mental Health Nurse.
Greencastle Community Centre
- Gardening Course is starting on Monday, 10th April, from 10am -
12pm. Every two weeks for 6 weeks. Cost €40.
- Mick O’Toonz animation workshop is on the 23rd April from 10am –
1pm. Cost €20. Tel: 086 2127923.
- The Irish Heart Foundation Mobile Unit will be at the centre on
Thursday, 11th April, from 10am – 3pm. Free heart checks and info.
- We are taking names for an ipad / smartphone / tablet course,
contact the centre to register.
- Free study space available for students.
- Yoga with Mary on Monday at 11am & 7pm. Booking is essential. Tel:
086 8276720 / 074 93 82515.
- Kid’s Chess Club every Friday from 4:30pm – 5:30pm. Cost €5.
- Adult tennis lessons every Thursday from 7-8pm.
- North Star language therapy group for 18 months – 3 years. Tel:
Catriona on 086 3616878.
- Messy Monsters Messy Play on Monday and Wednesday. Ages 3-5 from
2.30pm - 3.30pm and ages 5-7 from 4pm - 5pm. Six week block costs
€40. Booking is essential. Contact Sarah on 086 8766637.
- Jiving lessons every Wednesday from 7-8pm.
- Salsa lessons every Wednesday from 8-9pm.
- New Beginnings ‘Minding Me’ wellness workshops. Five weeks from
1st April at 6:30pm - 8:30pm. Tel: 086 4477867.
- Wee Arts music & movement 6 week program starts 1st April at 10am
on Monday. Suitable for children aged between 0-5 and their
caregiver. Tel Debbie on 0044 7899040217.
- Musical Memories Singing Group is a group for older people,
especially welcoming to people affected by dementia and memory loss,
their families, friends and carers. Monday at 11:15am. Cost €5.
- Kid’s Singing Lessons on Friday from 6:15pm – 6:45pm.
- Zumba on Thursday at 8pm. Tel Gwyneth on 083 4627073 to book.
- Tai Chi on Friday mornings at 10am.
- Senshi Martial Arts Kickboxing every Tuesday for Kids from 6-7pm
and adults on Thursday from 7-8pm. Tel: 083 8554997.
- Shooting Starz Gymnastics on every Monday from 4-5pm for 5yrs,
5-6pm for 10-13yrs, 6-7pm for 6&7yrs and 7-8pm for 8&9yrs. €5 per
class and €40 registration fee. We are hoping to run a preschool
- Greencastle Tennis Academy with Liam Sweeney, professionally
qualified tennis coach, on every Tuesday & Thursday at 4:30pm for
5yrs+. New faces welcome. Call Liam for more information on 048 71
226223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Greencastle Women’s Group meets on the 1st Wednesday of the month
at 10:30am. New faces always welcome!
- The Coyle School of Irish Dancing: For fun, for Feiseanna and for
grading/examinations every Friday at 3:15pm. Call Janet on 086
- Rachel’s Relax Kids at Greencastle Community Centre. Tel Rachel on
- Baby & Toddler Group on Thursdays from 10am -12pm. €3 per child
and €5 per family. Snacks & drinks included. New faces welcome!
- Pilates for adults and dance classes for children (ballet age 4+,
hip hop/jazz age 8+) with ZoNa Dance Company at Greencastle
Community Centre. Contact: 086 8222189 for more info or
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for kids and adults on Tuesday & Friday at
7:30pm. Tel :0044 7597313759 for more info. First class free!
- The Write Stuff Kids Club, Creative Writing & Storytelling on
Tuesday from 5pm - 6:15pm. Contact Grainne on 086 3148541.
- Vivid Performances Speech & Drama back in the New Year. Call Emma
for more info on 086 3601537.
- Slimming World every Wednesday at 7pm.
- Large, modern office space available to-let. All mod-cons,
high-speed wifi, landline access, self-contained kitchen facilities
and storage. Contact the centre for more information.
- Birthday parties, bouncy castle, multi-sports and party room all
under one roof. Call us for more info!
- 24/7 accessible defibrillator is located at the centre in an
outdoor case in a prominent location at the front of the community
centre and is accessed by entering a code on the digital keypad
which is obtained by dialling 999 or 112. Defibrillator is easy to
use and fully automated.
- Core Care free counselling service available. Please call 0044
7849223114 or 074 93 81054 to book an appointment.
- Competitive rates on room rental available for classes, workshops,
training; Introductory offers. Call the centre for more info!
- Fantastic selection of kids and adults books available at the
centre for a small donation.
- Aine Havlin Fitness at Greencastle Community Centre. Tel: 086
0681696 for more info and to book a class/pt session/bootcamp.
- What courses/classes would you be interested in attending at
Greencastle Community Centre? – Let us know!
For further information on any of the above please phone 9381054 or
- Free Counselling service every Friday. Referrals from HSE, G.P.
- Other courses due to start are Creative Writing, Knitting, Art,
Crafts, Basic Computers and Adult and Kids ECDL
- Join the afternoon club every Thursday from 2pm to 4pm. Enjoy a
cup of tea, have a chat and play a game of cards or other
activities. All welcome.
Tel: 93 82945 or Email:
Moville Girl Guides - St. Finian's Girl Guide Unit urgently require
female leaders 18 years and over. Unit runs on a Wednesday evening.
If you are interested contact Annette Harkin, Unit Leader on 086 360
6360. Thank you.
Volunteers are needed for Lifeline (Inishowen) Domestic
Violence Service. Are you interested in becoming part of a team in
supporting families in Inishowen? For further information please
call 074 93 73337 from 10am to 1.30pm Monday - Friday or email
The Inishowen Methodist churches Community Parent & Toddler group
every Thursday morning from 10am - 12pm at
the Methodist hall in Moville during
school term time. The group is for parents/carers of babies and
toddlers up to 4 years of age, only €2 per child with Refreshments
provided. A great way for children and adults to meet and make new
The Cancer Support Group ‘CSSC’ would like to invite anyone who has
been affected by a cancer diagnosis (including carers, family &
friends) to our monthly meetings in Milltown House, Tulnaree,
Carndonagh at 7.30 pm every second Monday of the month. Come along for tea and chat with
people who are going through a similar experience.
Ceolan school of music is a newly established community initiative
for teaching music to children aged 6-18 years.
Our main focus is traditional Irish music. Tuition will be offered
in 1) whistle 2) fiddle 3) button accordion 4) piano accordion 5)
traditional singing. Tuition will also be available in other
instruments depending on demand: harp/ flute/ pipes /banjo /mandolin
/bouzouki /traditional piano accompaniment / introductory classical
violin / music theory.
Fees- €10 to enrol in the music school for the year. This covers
operational costs and provision of all teaching materials. Each
weekly lesson is €6/hour. Pupils will be divided into classes
depending on ability. Class numbers will be limited.
Classes will be held on Tuesday evenings in Moville Community
College. We have a limited stock of
fiddles that can be loaned out for a small fee. For further
information and to enrol: please contact Clodagh Warnock / Roisin Mc
Grory on 086 1522322.