Your local site for club notes
:: Greencastle Community Centre
For further information please phone 074 93 81054, email
or visit us on Facebook.
- Musical Memories Singing Group: A group for older people,
especially welcoming to people affected by dementia and memory loss,
their families, friends and carers, starting January 2019.
- We are hoping to introduce the following classes in January:
Substance Misuse, Irish Language, Lámh Sign Language and Jiving.
- Buggyfit keep fit class for parents & buggy/pram. ‘No babysitter,
no excuse’. Every Friday at 11am for €5. Starting on Friday 30th
- Tai Chi on Friday mornings at 10am.
- Coochie Coo music & movement 1st Tuesday of the month. Next on
Tuesday 4th December at 11am.
- First Aid For Parents on Saturday 15th December from 11am – 1pm.
Cost €25. Contact the centre to register.
- Are you a woman looking to go back into employment?
WISE is a free program open to women of all ages who are currently
not working or who are in receipt of social welfare payments that
are not classified as ‘Jobseeker’ payments.
People 1st in conjunction with The WISE Project can help you with
the following: Dedicated Personal Employment Advisor, Advice &
Assistance with CV & Interview Techniques, Job Applications and much
more. To check eligibility. Call Penny on 086 145 2252.
- Theory & Practical Courses for Sailors continue at the centre:
Rules of Racing, Safeguarding Children 1&2, Event Safety Management,
Hypothermia & Rescue Boat First Aid, Weather Passage/Planning,
Ropes, Wires & Anchors, Use & Servicing of PFD, Safety on Board,
Towing & Rescue Procedures, VHF Radio and Basic First Aid. Contact
the centre to book.
- Kickboxing every Tuesday & Thursday. Kids 6-7pm and adults 7-8pm.
Tel: 083 8554997.
- Shooting Starz Gymnastics every Monday from 4-5pm for 5yrs, 5-6pm
for 10-13yrs, 6-7pm for 6&7yrs and 7-8pm for 8&9yrs. €5 per class.
€40 registration fee.
- Greencastle Tennis Academy with Liam Sweeney, professionally
qualified tennis coach: Every Tuesday & Thursday at 4:30pm for
5yrs+. New faces welcome. Call Liam for more information on 048 71
226223 or email email@example.com.
- Greencastle Women’s Group meets on the 1st Wednesday of the month
at 10:30am. New faces always welcome!
- The Coyle School of Irish Dancing: For fun, for Feiseanna and for
grading/examinations. Every Friday at 3:15pm. Call Janet on
- Rachel’s Relax Kids at Greencastle Community Centre. Tel Rachel:
087 612 6210.
- Baby & Toddler Group on Thursdays from 10am – 12pm. €3 per child
and €5 per family. Snacks & drinks included and new faces welcome!
- Pilates for adults and dance classes for children (ballet age 4+,
hip hop/jazz age 8+) with ZoNa Dance Company at Greencastle
Community Centre. Contact: 086 8222189 for more info or
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for kids and adults on Tuesday & Friday
7:30pm. Tel: 0044 7597313759 for more info. First class free!
- The Write Stuff Kids Club, Creative Writing & Storytelling on
Tuesday from 5pm - 6:15pm. Contact Grainne on 086 3148541.
- Vivid Performances Speech & Drama back in the New Year. Call Emma
for more info on 086 3601537.
- Slimming World every Wednesday at 7pm.
- Large, modern office space available to-let. All mod-cons,
high-speed wifi, landline access, self-contained kitchen facilities
and storage. Contact the centre for more information.
- Birthday parties: Bouncy castle, multi-sports and party room all
under one roof. Call us for more info!
- 24/7 accessible defibrillator is located at the centre in an
outdoor case in a prominent location at the front of the community
centre and is accessed by entering a code on the digital keypad
which is obtained by dialling 999 or 112. Defibrillator is easy to
use and fully automated.
- Core Care Free Counselling service available. Please call 0044
7849223114 or 074 93 81054 to book an appointment.
- Competitive rates on room rental available for classes, workshops
and training. Introductory offers available. Call the centre for
- Fantastic selection of kids and adults books available at the
centre for a small donation.
- Aine Havlin Fitness at Greencastle Community Centre. Tel: 086
0681696 for more info and to book a class/pt session/bootcamp.
What courses/classes would you be interested in attending at
Greencastle Community Centre? Let us know!
For further information on any of the above please phone 9381054