Google Inishowen News & Business Directory
Drop Down Menu
  Business Directory Ad  


Malin v Naomh Columba 12.09.16

Malin 2-17

Naomh Muire Lower Rosses 1-11

Malin followed last week’s great victory, which saw them advance to the quarter final of the Michael Murphy Sports Senior championship where they will face Dungloe on the weekend of the 24th/25th of September (Nuetral ground to be confirmed next week) with another victory this weekend, over Naomh Muire, Lower Rosses. This result sees them move onto 18 points and still an outside chance of promotion. They trail Four Masters by two points and each club have two matches left with Malin due to face Milford away and home to Sean MacCuimhaill’s while the Donegal Town men play Glenfin at home and are away to Cloich Cheann Fhaola (Cloughaneely).

Malin opened the scoring in the first minute through Dan McDaid but in blustery conditions, which seemed to favour no team, we had to wait until the tenth minute for the next score when Harry Harden slotted over a free after Shaun 'Point' Gallagher was adjudged to have been fouled. McDaid responded immediately advancing up the left and tapping over right footed. Adi O'Gara then hit a point from well outside the 45' right under the stand to level the scores. Darren McLarkey replied for the home side when picked up Seamus Houghton's knock down from Paul McLaughlin's long ball in and scored on the turn. Declan Walsh then hit two scores in a minute, he found himself in space for the first one and calmly looked up and hit over the bar, the second he ran onto a loose ball up the right and slotted over again with ease. Malin went four ahead when a good team move was finished off in the corner by Paul McLaughlin. Seamus Houghton scored from range before two Harden points keep the Annagry men in touch - the first was a measured effort from the left, judging the swirling wind perfectly and the second from a placed ball after McCafferty won a soft free. Shaun Yank Boyle then drilled an effort just over the bar after good work from Adi O'Gara and they came back further with a free from outside the 45', hit well from the ground, by Patrick Gillespie to leave the half time score Malin 0-07 Naomh Muire 0-06.

Dan McDaid, just like the first half opened the scoring for Malin, drilling over the bar. Brendan McLaughlin tapped over a free from the right corner after cousin Stephen was fouled. He then hit a second point soon after, turning sharply from the right as Malin made a good start to the half. Paul McLaughlin scored what his become his trademark this season, advancing at speed from wing back, being fed this time by McLarkey and driving over for his second of the game. Malin pushed for home and when Dan McDaid won a ball in fed Christopher McLaughlin and he advanced before curling a lovely effort over the bar from twenty yards out. Brendan McLaughlin scored the first goal of the game when he finished off a lovely move with Anthony Kelly giving him the final pass as he came in from the left and beat the keeper at the near post. The visitors responded with two quick fire scores – the first from O'Gara, who came in from the right and drilled just over the bar and then Gillespie, who shot on the turn from thirty yards out. Padraig McCafferty followed this up with an awkward looking shot which managed to go over. Dan McDaid did well under pressure to pick himself up after a heavy tackle and hit over from 30 yards. Shaun Gallagher got a point shortly after advancing up the right and hitting a powerful effort over from the angle. Dan McDaid hit a free after no advantage was gained when Brendan McLaughlin was fouled. Harden came back again with a point as the visitors refused to give up but Malin responded with a nice Anthony Kelly roll out of a tackle setting up Declan Walsh for his third of the game and then a Brendan McLaughlin point from the right. Daniel Devlin punched in a goal with three minutes left to bring the Gaeltacht men back to five after Darragh McLaughlin had done well to punch out Harry Harden's dropping long range effort. Connor McColgan wrapped up the game for Malin in injury time after great runs up the wing from Stephen and Brendan McLaughlin set him up and he beat a man before calmly rolling the ball past Lee Boyle for Malin’s second goal. There was still time for Paul McLaughlin to advance up the left and hand pass over the bar to leave the final score in Connolly park Malin 2-18 Naomh Muire Lower Rosses 1-11.

Malin team and scorers: Darragh McLaughlin, Ryan Doherty, Connor Farren, Gary Farren, Kieron McColgan, Damien Harkin, Paul McLaughlin (0-03), Declan Walsh (0-03), Anthony Kelly, Darren McLarkey (0-01), Dan McDaid (0-05, 1F), Stephen McLaughlin, Brendan McLaughlin (1-03, 1F), Seamus Houghton (0-01) and Christopher McLaughlin (0-01). Subs used Connor McColgan (1-00) for Christopher McLaughlin (52 mins) and Danny McCarron for Darren McLarkey (57 mins). Naomh Muire, Lower Rosses team and scorers: Lee Boyle, Daniel Gallagher, Thomas Duffy, Shaun Gallagher (0-01), Jack Boyle, Brian Gillespie, Adi O'Gara (0-02), Jack O'Brien, Adam O'Brien, Darragh White, Padraig McCafferty (0-01), Harry Harden (0-04, 2F), Owenie McGarvey, Patrick Gillespie (0-02, 1F) and Shaun Yank Boyle (0-01).
Subs used: Daniel Devlin (1-00) for Adam O’Brien 40 mins, Paul Yank Boyle for Ownie McGarvey (40mins).
Add to Favorites :: Return to > Sports    > News    > Home