Google Inishowen News & Business Directory
   
Drop Down Menu
  Business Directory Ad  

 

Nadine reveals deadly carbon monoxide ordeal 29.10.15

DERRY singer Nadine Coyle has revealed how her family could have died as a result of deadly carbon monoxide poisoning.
The 30-year-old, who is a former Inishowen resident, said she was ‘terrified’ after learning the boiler in her Los Angeles home was broken and was leaking the deadly but odourless fumes.
"You don't really notice it. You're like, 'I'm really tired. Is it with all the flying around, is it jet lag, am I getting sick, is it a cold, have we got a bug, why are we so tired all the time?'”
She also revealed that she forgot simple words during her ordeal.
"And then you would forget simple things. We couldn't remember the word for table, like, “What is that? Put it on the...” - we couldn't remember what is was."
Mum-of-one Nadine, who lived in Burnfoot before shooting to stardom with Girls Aloud, went to her doctor but the symptoms did not improve.
"Then when the blood tests came back they said it was exposure to high levels of gas, but still he hadn't said it was carbon monoxide," the singer told 'Good Morning Britain' today.
Nadine Coyle.
She said the family probably only escaped death because her home was well ventilated and because a gas engineer visited her home on another job and noticed a crack on the boiler by chance.
"It just happened to be someone was coming round - it was so lucky," she added.
Nadine is now backing a carbon monoxide awareness campaign and has urged everyone to have an alarm installed in their home.

What is carbon monoxide?
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless, odourless, poisonous gas and is a common cause of death worldwide. It is known as the "silent killer". Between one and two people die each year in Ireland on average from unintentional CO poisoning. The incomplete combustion of organic fossil fuels such as oil, gas or coal is a common environmental source of CO and is responsible for many cases of poisoning.
Add to Favorites :: Return to > Top Stories    > News    > Home